Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at Lynx will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
In accordance with Lynx/customer procedures and policies, the selected individual will be responsible for engineering of new telecom attachments on pole lines, performing pole line analysis of long-haul, FTTH fiber-to-the-home and/or enterprise/commercial access networks. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all plans are accurate and are designed to all applicable standards and specifications, including but not limited to hydro, Bell, ESA and CSA standards, while ensuring the plans are technically sound, serviceable, and cost-effective, and completed within the required timelines. This position will rely on the use of Quick Pole, SPIDAcalc, Microsoft Office, and various other proprietary applications.
- Modeling and analysis of transmission line and structures utilizing aerial engineering software; including but not limited to Quick Pole, SPIDACalc, CommScope Eng., based on LiDAR data/surveyor collected data
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements
- Evaluate and determine routing that will most-likely pass permit approval; both aerial and underground scenarios, and weighing scenarios through make-ready and costing analysis exercises (includes street view/picture analysis, and some field evaluations)
- Develop project-specific construction notes, material requirements and identify associated labour tasks
- Attend meetings with teams/customers to discuss project scope and strategies as required
- Complete engineering analysis, calculations, and notations for specialty permits/crossings per specifications; MTO, Railway, Conservation Authorities, Bridge Attachments, Water Crossings, etc.
- Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related company policy.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by applicants for this position. The applicant may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Experience using Quick Pole and/or SPIDAcalc
- Professional AutoCAD experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to interpret technical material and plans
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
- Civil Engineering graduate
- Member of PEO’s EIT program
- Extensive experience with aerial and underground permitting, procedures, and processes; driving routes and identifying critical pass/fail locations and route selection, ESA/CSA and utility standards
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable, RF and Optical design is an asset
- Quality Control experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution, power protection, and applicable code and industry practices
- Valid Ontario G license and a clean driver abstrac
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Lynx Planning & Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Lynx Planning & Engineering reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.