Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at Lynx will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
In accordance with Lynx procedures and policies, the selected individual will be responsible for surveying, planning,designing and drafting of enterprise/commercial access network plans. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all plans are accurate, and are designed and drafted to all applicable standards and specifications, while ensuring the plans are technically sound, buildable, serviceable, cost-effective, and completed within the required timelines. This position will rely on the use of AutoCAD, SpatialNET, Microsoft office, and various other proprietary applications. Mileage reimbursementwill be provided for on-site meetings and surveys; own vehicle is a must.
- Reviewing project requirements with the Project Manager to determine field data collection requirements Accessing, collecting,and preparing existing field map(s) and data, as well as all survey equipment
- required for the specific site survey
- Attend/conduct site meetings with stakeholder(s) and customers to discuss project scope and strategies Collect cable routing data forhorizontal and vertical internal routes; take pictures, sketch diagrams, mark-up maps/plans, detailed notes of existing/proposed equipment locations, measurements, entry points,core data, equipment placement locations and construction method proposals
- Determine optimal running lines of new underground cables and structures; locate and document existing above and underground furniture and utilities along proposed route
- Document existing aerial structure and facilities (pole line), location, attachments, anchors, identifiers Create cable design plans, floor plans, site plans, schematics and other drawings for new
- enterprise/commercial construction projects using AutoCAD and SpatialNET
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, bill of materials, and variousother documentation
- Facilitate and obtain approvals and signatures from property managers/owners
- Input project as-built information; update maps and databases (includes SpatialNET input)
- Ensure project timelines are met
- Site surveys will be in theOttawaregion (mainly City ofOttawa)
- Work in accordance with applicable Health & Safety policies; planning ahead to carry necessary PPE
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Professional AutoCAD experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability tointerpret technical material and plans
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Eye for detail–must collect all field data in one visit
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors ownquality ofwork
- Must have valid G license and a clean driver abstract
- CATV or Telecom industry experience, preferably in Construction and/or Planning
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable, RF and Optical design is an asset
- MS Visio experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution, power protection, and applicable codeand industry practices
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of Book 7 practice
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Lynx Planning & Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Lynx Planning & Engineering reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.