Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at Lynx will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
In accordance with Lynx/customer procedures and policies, the selected individual will be responsible for planning, coordinating, designing, and drafting all aspects of FTTH fiber-to-the-home and/or enterprise/commercial access networks. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all plans are accurate, and are designed and drafted to all applicable standards and specifications, while ensuring the plans are technically sound, serviceable, and cost-effective, and completed within the required timelines. This position will rely on the use of CAD and GIS-based software, Microsoft office, and various other proprietary applications.
- Creation of cable design plans, floor plans, site plans (civil), and other drawings for new construction and upgrade/rebuild projects as well as greenfield FTTH and MDU (apartment) design drawings and packages
- Draft municipal consent civil drawings; illustrate proposed routing in relation to existing underground and aerial facilities. Create applicable cross-sections and details. Select cable/duct routing that will most-likely pass permit approval; both aerial and underground scenarios, and weighing scenarios through make-ready and costing analysis exercises (includes some field evaluations)
- Field survey new and existing plant structures and routes for the purpose of field verification and estimation (as required)
- Conduct site meetings with designer/surveyor; attend meetings with teams/customers to discuss project scope and strategies as required
- Develop project-specific construction notes, material requirements and identify associated labour tasks
- Input project as-built information; update maps and databases at project completion
- Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related company policy.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by applicants for this position. The applicant may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Professional AutoCAD experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to interpret technical material and plans
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Eye for detail – must collect all field data in one visit
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
- CATV or Telecom industry experience, preferably in Construction and/or Planning
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable, RF and Optical design is an asset
- SpatialNET and/or Network X software experience
- Quality Control experience
- MS Visio experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution, power protection, and applicable code and industry practices
- Valid Ontario G license and a clean driver abstract
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Lynx Planning & Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Lynx Planning & Engineering reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.